Infused Rosemary Pinenut Caramels
by Chef Elycia Ross at Lil' Truck on the Prairie
Makes 50 mini caramels
2.5 mg THC each (this is considered a microdose for most consumers)
• 1/4 cup infused coconut oil (equivalent to 123 mg THC)
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup 36-40% fat cream
• 3 tbsp water
• 1/4 cup golden corn syrup
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
• 1 tsp chopped rosemary
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Line a 9 inch x 9 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside
2. Melt your butter and coconut oil in the microwave. Once melted add the cream and keep the mixture warm by the stove.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Moisten the sugar completely while being careful not to get any sugar granules on the sides of the pan.
4. Turn your pan on to a medium heat and let the water come to a simmer. Place a lid on the pan, allowing the steam to keep the sides of your pan wet.
5. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the lid and cook the mixture for 5-10 minutes until the caramel is a deep amber colour.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the milk, coconut oil & butter mixture, one quarter at a time, stirring with a heat proof spatula as you go.
7. Return your pan to the medium heat and cook for 2 minutes. Watch closely and stir the caramel to ensure it doesn't burn.
8. Turn off the heat and add in your toasted pine nuts and rosemary.
9. Using your spatula as a guide, pour the caramel into your parchment lined pan and let cool on the counter for 20 minutes before placing the caramels in the fridge to harden.
10. Once set, cut your caramels 10 x 5 and keep in the refrigerator or wrap individually to take with you.