By Chef Travis Petersen at The Nomad Cook
Makes 20 x 1–inch mini cakes
2 mg THC per mini cake
• 3 Large eggs (separate yolks & whites)
• 1/2 c Caster sugar (also known as berry sugar, or finely ground granulated sugar)
• 4 Tbsp Infused Butter (12.5mg tbsp/ 50mg)
• 1/3 c Whole milk
• 1 cup Cake flour (sifted)
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• 1/2 cup Caster sugar
• 1 Vanilla pod (split & scraped)
• Cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Take two mixing bowls and separate your egg yolks from the whites.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks, 1/2 cup caster sugar and a pinch of salt. Melt infused butter with the vanilla while adding to the egg mixture. Sift in cake flour and baking powder and stir into a thick, smooth batter. Do not overmix.
3. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites, 1/2 cup of caster sugar and a pinch of cream of tartar until you get stiff peaks.
4. Adding 1/3 cup at a time, gently fold egg whites into batter.
5. Immediately pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly with a knife. Drop the tin on the counter a couple of times to pop any air bubbles. Place in the oven and bake for 15–17 minutes, rotating the pan once after 10 minutes. Remove when cake is springy to the touch.
6. When the cake is done, run a knife around the edges and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Place a cutting board or baking sheet on top of the cake and flip upside-down to remove from the pan. Flip once more to get the right side up.
7. Using a 1-inch ring mold, cut out circular shapes from the cake.
• 1 cup Heavy cream
• 1/2 cup Caster sugar
• 1 Vanilla pod (split and scraped)
1. Using an electric mixer, beat cold heavy cream and vanilla in a mixing bowl while gradually adding the caster sugar until the cream thickens enough to form stiff peaks.
• 2 cups Strawberries (quartered)
• 3 Tbsp sugar
• 1 Vanilla pod (split and seeded)
1. Put quartered strawberries into a mixing bowl with vanilla and sugar. Mix until strawberries are evenly coated.
This classic dessert is enhanced when you make your own infused butter with a strain like Berry Bliss that has strong strawberry terpenes. Its hints of berry, citrus and mint lay on the palette after each bite. By cutting into small 1-inch circles, you make the dish playful. Dip into the whipped cream, top with a strawberry and hand-feed your partner to spice up any romantic night. The lightness of the cake makes you want to keep coming back.