The Ultimate Infused Recipes for Superbowl
Supercharge Your Snack Table
Superbowl is a brilliant reason to round up your funtime squad and load them up with snacks. But if the alcohol-heavy gameday traditions are losing their appeal, this cannabis-infused menu could be your winning gameplan.
Need some coaching on how to keep the vibe chill at an edibles buffet? See The Rulebook for Safe Plays at an Edibles Superbowl.
Infused Chip and Veggie Dips, Three Ways
From Chef Travis at The Nomad Cook, these three delicious scoopables will elevate your atmosphere all the way up to the cheap seats. Yet with individually-sized servings at only 5 mg THC each, it will be easy to keep the team onside.
Makes 2 Servings @ roughly 5 mg THC each
• 2 Avocados (save 2 half-shells for serving)
• 1/2 White onion, diced
• 1 Fresh jalapeño, diced
• 1 Tomato, chopped small
• 1 Clove garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp infused olive oil (equivalent to 10 mg THC)
• Juice of 1 lime
• Salt & pepper
1. Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop flesh into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Take two of the half-shells and slice a small piece of the bottom of each so they can be placed flat on a table.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and combine with avocado.
3. Scoop 1/2 of the mixed guacamole into each avocado bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 4 servings @ roughly 5mg THC each
• 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
• 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup Tahini
• 1 Clove garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp infused olive oil (or equivalent to 20 mg THC)
• 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
• 2 Tbsp Water
1. Combine tahini and lemon juice in a food processor. Blitz for 1 minute, then scrape sides of bowl with a spatula and blitz for another 30 seconds.
2. Add the infused olive oil, garlic, cumin and 1/2 tsp of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Blitz for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of bowl, then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
3. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the bowl with remaining olive oil. Blitz for 1 minute.
4. If the hummus is too thick, slowly add 2 Tbsp water while the processor is running. Add salt to balance.
5. Divide into 4 portions and serve each in a ramekin with fresh veggie sticks for dipping.
Makes 4 servings @ roughly 5 mg THC each
• 1 lb (4 1/2 cups) Munster cheese, shredded
• 1/2 lb (2 1/4 cup) queso fresco, cubed
• 1 cup chopped green chiles, diced
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 Tbsp infused butter (or plain butter + infused oil equivalent to 20 mg THC)
• 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
• 1/4 cup shallots, diced
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Heat a sautée pan to medium and add the infused butter (or oil), diced onions and ground cumin.
2. Once the onions are translucent, add cheeses, green chiles, milk and jalapeños. Stir until all the cheese has melted and the queso thickens.
3. Once thickened, turn off heat and remove from stove. Separate into 4 bowls and serve with tortilla chips.